Beautiful Story From Rosulullah

Our Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) told us
this
beautiful story:
“Three men from among those who were
before
you, set out together until they reached a
cave at
night and they entered it. A big rock rolled
down
the mountain and closed the mouth of the
cave.
They said (to each other): ‘Nothing can save
us
from this rock but to invoke Allah by
mentioning
the righteous deeds that we have done (for
Allah’s sake only).” So, one of them said: ‘O
Allah! I had old parents (whom I used to
provide
with milk) and I never provided my family
(wife,
children, etc.) with milk before them. One
day, by
chance I was delayed, and I arrived late (at
night)
after they had slept. I milked the sheep for
them
and then took the milk to them, but I found
them
sleeping. I did not like to offer my family the
milk
before them, so I waited for them and the
bowl of
milk was in my hand and I kept on waiting
for
them to get up until dawn. Then they got up
and
drank the milk. O Allah! If I did that for Your
sake
only, I invoke You to relieve us from our
critical
situation that has been caused by this rock.’
So,
the rock moved a little, but they could not
get
out. The Prophet (SAWS) added: “The second
man said: ‘O Allah! I had a cousin who was
the
dearest of all people to me and I wanted to
have
sexual intercourse with her, but she refused.
Later
she came across hard times during a year of
famine and she came to me, and I gave her
one
hundred and twenty dinars on the condition
that
she would not resist my desires, and she
agreed.
When I was about to fulfill my desires, she
said:
“It is illegal for you to violate my chastity
except
through legitimate marriage.” So, I realized
it was
a sin to have sexual intercourse with her
and left
her, though she was the dearest of all
people to
me. I also left the gold I had given her. O
Allah! If
I did that for Your sake only, please relieve
us
from the present calamity.’ So, the rock
moved a
little more, but still they could not get out
from
the cave. The Prophet (SAWS) added: “Then
the
third man said: ‘O Allah! I employed few
laborers
and I paid them all of them their wages,
with the
exception of one man who did not take his
wages
and went away. I invested his wages and I
gained
much profit from this. (Then after some
time) he
came and said to me: “O Allah’s servant! Pay
me
my wages.” I said to him: “All the camels,
cows,
sheep, and slaves that you see here, are
yours.”
He said: “O Allah’s slave! Don’t mock me.” I
said:
“I am not mocking you.” So, he took the
herd and
drove them away and left nothing. O Allah! If
I did
that for Your sake only, please relieve us
from the
present suffering.’ So, the rock moved
completely
and they walked out. (Bukhari)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jawharat Kamal

History of Sheikh Ahmad Tijani Part 2

Quote Of Sheik Ibrahim RTA